Who we are
We're a professional service offering advice, guidance, training, monitoring, and support to make sure you remain compliant with statutory duties relating to educational visits and outdoor education.
We'll help you meet national standards and expectations and provide your pupils with a wide range of high quality outdoor learning opportunities.
We provide core functions that are non-delegated and form part of the strategic provision of the council. These are free to maintained schools; prices for academies are available on application. Fees may apply for training courses.
Why choose us?
- Expert guidance and support
Helps you manage off-site educational visits and outdoor education
- Competent, experienced staff
With expertise and relevant qualifications in their specialism and members of the national Outdoor Education Advisers Panel
- Safety and risk management specialists
Engaged in setting standards and good practice
- Cost effective, high quality opportunities for visits and activities
Provided in partnership with local, regional and national organisations
What we offer
- Specialist advice, policy, guidelines and procedures
- Risk assessment training and support
- Access to the Evolve system/training
For online visit notification and approval
- Review and approval of category C visits
Adventurous activities, overseas and residential visits
- 24 hour emergency on-call system
- Investigation and reporting on accidents/incidents
- Governor training