We offer fully authorised MOT testing for the following classes of vehicles:
- class 4 - cars and vans up to 3,000kg in weight
- class 5 - light minibuses with 13 to 16 passenger seats
- class 7 - goods vehicles from 3,000kg to 3,500kg gross weight
We're based at Smithies Lane depot, Barnsley S71 1NL, and are open from 7am to 5pm every weekday.
Why choose us?
- a truly independent test centre
we don't carry out your repairs so you can trust the advice we give
- we can test long wheelbase/tall vehicles
such as large builders vans, large minibuses up to 17 seats and motor homes. The facility is approved for class 4,5L (up to 4.8t ULW) and class 7 vehicles
- we can offer practical advice
how to get your vehicle repaired, how to save money by carrying out repairs yourself, and where to go for specialist repair work
What we offer
- MOT tests for £45
- Free partial retests within ten working days of the full MOT
- Full retests after ten working days (£45)
- Payment in person straight after the test (cash, cheque, or debit/credit card
- Pre-booked appointment slots
Check when your MOT's due
You can be fined up to £1,000 for driving a vehicle without a valid MOT.
You can now register on GOV.UK to get free reminders by text/email when your MOT is due. Simply enter your car registration number to check your due date. You can also receive annual reminders.
You can find out more about MOT law and testing on the Gov.uk website.