All our employees are trained to appropriate levels
We use local/regional produce to reduce food miles
We have many years experience of working with local suppliers to assist in our service delivery requirements. We hold the Soil Association's Bronze Catering Mark, which is an assurance that the food we serve is healthy, made from fresh ingredients, freshly prepared at each kitchen, and sourced from the regions producers.
By achieving the Bronze Catering Mark, we've demonstrated that:
- at least 75% of our dishes are freshly prepared from unprocessed ingredients
- our meat is from farms that satisfy UK animal welfare standards
- our eggs are from free range hens
- our menus are seasonal and in-season produce is highlighted
- our suppliers have been verified to make sure they apply appropriate food safety standards
- no genetically modified ingredients are used
- no undesirable additives or trans fats are used
- free drinking water is prominently available
- no fish is served from the Marine Conservation Society ‘fish to avoid’ list
- catering staff are supported with skills training in food preparation and the Catering Mark.
- menus provide for all dietary and cultural needs
- information is on display about food provenance
We're reliable in the event of emergencies
In cases of emergency, where your school's unable to provide its usual catering service, due to loss of power supply or breakdown of catering equipment, we'll work with you to provide a suitable meal alternative.
If you give us four hours notice, we'll do our best to offer a full meal alternative; if not we'll offer a sandwich style meal.